Friday, January 16, 2009

The Difference Between Night & Day

I hate to continue to rub it in, but the other day J sent me a picture on my cell phone of the thermometer
registering minus 60 degrees F. Now, that is pretty cold and I told him that it was cold here too. It was 50 degrees that morning here, and he reminded me that the difference was 110 degrees! Wow, I had not thought of it in that light.
Yesterday, the temperature at Ft. Greely, Alaska was at 50 degrees F, warmer than the -11 degrees registered back in Michigan! So he took the time to put on shorts and a long sleeve T-shirt, and sent me this photo (left).
With a bit of humor, that my son did not appreciate, I sent him this photo (right) of me this morning in shorts and T-shirt, on this sunny and 75 day! A rare occurrence for him to be able to do this, but for us living here in Phoenix, it is just an everyday occasion! Tag, he is it. Shorts in the snow, I can handle, but I hope he doesn't get into polar swimming! :)

No comments: