Wednesday, June 25, 2008



Michigan grown, I've been here all my life. I've raised two great men who now serve our country well in the US Army. One just back from Iraq and the other stationed in Alaska with the US Missile Defense system. These are the type of men you would want to come and save you if a bunch of thieves, thugs or rapist were terrorizing your neighborhood. I'm very proud of both my boys.

Michigan's economy isn't very good, and we live in the pit of it all. My wife, Heidi, completed her college degree in Marketing last year and was actively looking for a job in Michigan. After some 80 resumes and no real luck at finding a job she decided to go out to Arizona and spend a couple of weeks visiting her parents in Sun City. While there, she looked into a couple of interesting jobs. Well, the next thing you know, she is in the interview loop...and a job offer developed! Working as an Individual Business Territorial Sales Manager. WOW!, her dream position. Needless to say, I am back here in Michigan multi-tasking my job, the house and my life! I'm painting the house in order to get it sold (in a very sluggish housing market), selling or getting rid of stuff we don't want to move across the country, and I'm preparing for my youngest son's wedding in early July with a housefull of friends, family and Heidi too. We've planned a vacation after the wedding to Phoenix with Heidi for 10 days to get a "lay of the land" out there and to get my bearings straight.

This is a new adventure for me and I look forward to getting out there and spending a little bit of time getting to know the area and make some business contacts. But, I have never lived in a town where I do not know everyone, or everyone knows me!

I've been active in our community; as a business person, politically and a civic volunteer. I still hold the record as the youngest Mayor of our town! I've worked in broadcasting, transportation, manufacturing and have owned my own business. But the thing I like best is working with people's insurance needs. Being their best friend on their worst day! I wished I had become an insurance agent 25 years ago!

3 comments:

Douglas Edwards said...

I think this Blog thing is ideal for you. It’s a great way to stay in touch when you have moved on. We all certainly understand your plight in regards to the Michigan economy. Just remember the famous words of our illustrious governor;”…wait five years and you will be blown away…” I guess the wind is blowing from east to west for you and Heidi. I really admire Heidi’s huspa. It takes a lot of courage on her part as well as yours to make such a life altering decision. I’m sure that within a year and a half you will know on a first name basis, 90% of the greater Phoenix Metropolitan area’s population.
God’s speed Mike Dvorak.

Doug Edwards

Unknown said...

Owosso will not be the same without Michael Dvorak. Owosso however, will survive. I, on the other hand will miss my friend. We've known each other since high school and have been through thick and thin together. Mike has been an inspiration to me...a true friend...a shining example of a decent human being...a good person. I wish you all the success in the world. Keep your head held high and keep a smile on your face. There is life outside of Owosso and you're going to find it. I, on the other hand will miss my friend.

Fred Stanuszek

Unknown said...

But, Mike, you're my insurance agent!! Now what am I supposed to do? We will truly miss you guys, and I hope you keep in touch.
Love,
Noreen