Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dixon, Ill


Today I'm in Dixon, Illinois, the boyhood home of President Ronald Wilson Reagan. Drove here this morning with my son Robert, sister Nancy & brother-in-law Jim Brake. We are visiting my brother Tom Dvorak and his family. My nephew Tom graduated earlier this month from Dixon High School and today is his open house. While here, we took a few moments to go over to Reagan's boyhood home. it is a rather modest dwelling, but the bronze statue is impressive.
This fall Tom will attend Sauk Valley Community College, otherwise known as "Harvard on the Highway." He is not sure what his course of study will be at this time. His current interests are girls and fast cars. (or is that fast girls and cars?) What ever he pursues academically; I sure he will put all his focus into it ...we will keep you posted.


No comments: