Monday, April 7, 2014

The Fab 50's



Yes, you are correct.  That is a 1957 salmon colored Mercury Monterey.  That is me, on the left, with my older brother Tom.  Life was pretty simple back then.  The only thing we had to worry about is our big sister, Nancy.  She pretty much kept us boys in line with the fear of death!  I still have nightmares about my ears being pulled.  When she came into the room; we all scattered!  Depending on her mood, we were either loved or leaped on.

We were probably in the driveway to hide from her wrath!  Although, we look pretty happy here.  

Dad was close by taking this picture, and he would never knowingly let our sister beat the living (you know what) out of us.  But, she got away with a lot of crap...being the oldest and only daughter.  

My saving grace is that she now admits to being a terror to her brothers and has since (numerous times) apologized.  How can you not love a sister like that?

I figure that I will get her back...maybe even post some pics of her that she wished were never taken!  So, let's have some fun with it.  After all, we are all adults here, right?

No comments: