Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Fashion Statement?


Ok, so I'm not making a fashion statement! This is me in a hospital room, as I recover from surgery. Not bad, really, for just having had my neck slit open. The scar will be a future story in itself to the grandchildren how I was a hero in a knife fight with villains. "You should have seen the other guy! He wasn't so lucky?"

The hospital gown is a standard issue gown. Acts like a dress in front, but wide open in the back! White with blue spotted something to break the monotony. But get a load of those support hose! Basic white...but quite warm, I do say. It is to assist with blood flow and helps to prevent blood clots in the legs when coupled with a pair of air assisted support leg ens. Those medical people; they think of everything to bill your health insurance company with!

And now the coup degras...those purple non-skid slipper socks! Screen printed on both the top and bottom, I think, so on extended hospital stays you can get longer wear before needing a new pair. A medical equipment cost savings!

Anyway...in and out of the hospital in a little over 24 hours, start to finish! Now the recovery begins. I'm just hoping the scar doesn't turn into a big smiley face and ruin my story to the grand kids! :(

No comments: