Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wildlife & Alyeska Pipeline

Tonight Rob & I took a drive up to the remote area of Donnely Dome looking for wildlife. Big wildlife. Like the kind you expect to see in Alaska's wilderness. ...and we were not disappointed! As if trophy caribou, a medium sized bull moose and red fox were not enough excitement, we also had an opportunity to fire off a couple rounds from various firearms. (You can never have enough loaded weapons around when in Alaska!)

One of the rifles was a 45-70 lever action with plenty of kick to throw your equilibrium off. For me, it threw my reading glasses off my head and onto the ground and yes, my shoulder is feeling the aftershock!

The other part of our outing was to see the section of the Alyeska Pipeline that runs through this remote section of the wilderness. The picture is me, standing under the pipeline.

Enjoy the picture video and return regularly to see future posts; as the adventure in Alaska continues.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool nice video...this has got to be the time of your life!