Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family Gatherings

It is summer, and the livin' is easy. It is also that time of the year when family reunions occur. Our family is no exception. The only problem is that this will be the first year, in I can not remember, that we will not be at the family gathering.

This is my Mom's side of the family. Coleman is the name. Out of 11 original siblings, the last has passed away late last year, my Aunt Dolores Conden. The reunion goes on, but not sure for how much longer. The family seems to be getting older & smaller. However, there are some delights in our family, like my grand daughter, Samantha.

I came across a photo and video storage disk the other day, and thought I should put together a video memory of last year's family function. If it looks like I focused on Samantha and my son Rob, you are correct. Sorry, but when you control the camera and production, you control the content.

Also featured is my cousin Gary's daughter Emily. Her and Samantha, in spite of the age difference, seem to always take a liking to one another when they are together.

So, in loving memory to Gary's Mom, my Aunt Dolores, here is my tribute to her and my Mom's Family, the Coleman's.

No comments: